The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has directed its field offices across the country to extend registration hours until 7:00 p.m., including Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The agency aims to accommodate those who want to register for next year’s national and local elections in May.
MANILA — Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez stated in an official statement that the extended weekday registration hours as well as additional Saturday registration will be implemented at the concerned Offices of the Election (OEOs) as well as mall registration sites.
“To reiterate, all types of application will be accepted, not just those that may come from first-time registrants,” Jimenez clarified.
He stated that the expanded voter registration hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on 16 and 23 October 2021, in the following areas:
- all cities and municipalities in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- the municipalities of Alcala and San Quintin in Pangasinan
- Tarlac City and the municipalities of Capas and Concepcion in Tarlac
- all municipalities and cities in Quezon province
- Labo town in Camarines Norte
- Castilla in Sorsogon
- Cebu City
- Mandaue City
- Lapu-Lapu City
- Anda, Sto. Tomas and Sual in Pangasinan
- Aringay, Balaoan and Caba in La Union
- all cities and municipalities of Ilocos Sur
- municipalities of Balatan, Bula, Cabusao, Goa, Lagonoy, Libmanan, Magarao, Minalabac, Ragay, Sagñay, San Fernando, San Jose, Tigaon and Tinambac in Camarines Sur
Comelec field offices in locations not covered in the aforementioned list, according to Jimenez, will follow the registration days and hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (TRC/The MiNT)